Discover your talents
Discovering Your Natural Talents
Love what you do and do what you love! This book is co-authored by John Bradley, president of the IDAK group, a natural talent assessment organization in Portland, Oregon. Together, Jay and John help you discover your natural God-given abilities and put them to work in every area of your life. Most effective in groups, this process zeros in on your communication, relational, functional and leadership abilities- with the goal of helping you enjoy and make the most of your relationships, job, church work, hobbies, community responsibilities, and ministry contributions.
Includes a small group discussion study guide.
What people are saying:
- “Discovering Your Natural Talents is a must-read because it deals with the whole individual in a way most theologians don’t address. The authors have unlocked the difference between natural talents and spiritual gifts.” Rich Hagenbaugh Senior Pastor – Gateway Baptist Church
- “Understanding God’s gift of natural talents will help thousands of people better understand themselves. We use this with all of our college students.” Joseph Aldrich President – Multnomah College
- “Knowing the power of its insight, I have used this material with employees, homemakers, educators, professionals, and leaders across North America.” Bruce McNicol President – Leadership Catalyst
- “I enthusiastically recommend the assessment of natural talents. It has been helpful for many of our pastors. This is valuable, allowing individuals to uncover latent abilities that for various reasons have never been encouraged.” Dennis W. Baker President – Conservative Baptist Association
- “Having studied and taught motivation and aptitude assessment for twenty years, I have always felt that there was a missing link in my work. By identifying natural talents, this process offers that missing link.” Richard D. Meiss Vice-President – Carlson Learning Co. (Formerly Performax)
- “Using this material has made a real difference in the lives of many members of Wycliffe Bible Translators.” Tom Lyman Career and Organizational Consultant – Wycliffe Bible Translators
- “We are so thankful to finally find a tool we can offer to professional athletes to help them make mid-career transitions.” Norm and Bobbe Evans Directors – Pro Athletes Outreach
- “I have found natural talent assessment to be easy to correlate with the concept of both created abilities and spiritual giftedness without the customary encumbrance of theological skepticism that accompanies instruments based upon a spiritual gift inventory.” Daniel C. Stevens Director – Doctor of Education Program Talbot School of Theology
- “The most theologically sound, practically useful approach I know of to discover your God-given talents.” Donald A. Wiggins Director of Church Development – The Christian and Missionary Alliance
- “I was at a crossroads in my life, but I was unsure of which direction to go. When it was suggested that I go through the process of analyzing my natural talents, I was rather skeptical. But it didn’t take much exposure to change my attitude. As a result, the ministry choice I have made matches who I am and what I do better than any other ministry in which I have ever been involved.” Chuck Kelley Founder and Director – Bridge Builders International